IRAN BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
There are some negative factors, but they can be adequately managed with the assistance of people thoroughly acquainted with the local context.
- The business climate in the country still presents some limitations, despite the improvements,
Particularly for starting up production activities, the formalities of title registration and for obtaining building permits. The best solution is partner with a local.
- The activities of companies that establish in Iran may be hindered by the heavy role the state plays in the various production segments. The principal banks and large public and semi-public companies dominate entire production and commercial sectors of the country, leaving little room for new players approaching the market.
- OPPORTUNITIES AND RISKS OF INVESTING IN IRAN
Besides an attraction for Indian goods and services, Iran also offers excellent opportunities for those wishing to invest in this country.
The principal advantages for investors are:
- The labor force is competitive in terms of qualifications and cost. The average educational level in the country is high (4 million university students, 700,000 degrees each year, half of them in science and engineering) against average wages of $ 500/month and relatively favorable employment conditions for employers.
- Significant tax facilitations for foreign investors. The country has 14 economic zones and 7 free trade zones where foreign investors can enjoy tax exemptions for a period of 20 years, complete freedom in the movement of capital and profits, and no import duties.
- The demographic potential:
- The country is heavily populated with around half of the inhabitants under 30 and a pro capita GDP half that of Italy. This is an important factor from the standpoint of the labor market and the commercial potential of this segment of the population.
Should you wish to invest in our region, particularly in Iran, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, India, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain, we would be more than happy to assist you. KARCO can provide the necessary services for you to start your venture, and in some cases, we are willing to consider a joint investment/partnership with our participation rate of up to 50%.
Please contact us.